Wednesday, November 30, 2011

MY PARENTS

 Tim Holt Lost and Found

 My mom was wearing a huipil which is traditional in Merida Yucatan, where both her and my dad were born. My dad is wearing the traditional guayabera. The picture was quite damaged and blurry, and it was hard to see the beautiful  embroidery on her dress. I took flowers that I punched out and placed it all around and used stickles. On my dad's guayabera I took some paint and followed the embroidered design. I also made my handmade stick pins and placed two around the flowers.

Here I painted the canvas cut out the paper and placed pic behind it. I did use stickles around the paper, added some flowers a key and vintage lace.
A picture of my parents. I am 35 now and lost my dad when I was 15 and I cherish these pictures. The loss of my father was really hard on me growing up, I needed him so much and I wanted to make something special to pass down to my kids. Although they never had a chance to meet him, he was an extremely important part of my life, and will always live in my heart. I used the “Tim Holt Lost and Found paper line” and I also used “Bella Bella” by My Mind’s Eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment